Points to remember before you participate in a Essay Writing:
- Divide your essay into 3 parts (each in a different paragraph).
- Introduction -> content -> conclusion.
- Give a space after the full stop (.) and comma (,).
- Capitalise the next word after the full stop.
- Frame small sentences as it will prevent you from making mistakes. Avoid extra spaces.
- Your essay should not be less than 300 and not more than 400 words
- The essay should be the original work and it should not be copied from anywhere.
5 Oct, 2019 7:34 PM
Honour killing also know as shame killing is homicide of a member of a family because the accused feels that the particular member has brought shame to the family or even community by their actions. Bringing dishonour to the family or community is how this is seen which the criminals use to justify the crime. The reasons that are seen quite often are not agreeing to enter arranged marriage, being in a family unapproved relationship, extra marital affair, being a victim of rape, engaging in homosexual relations, renouncing your faith and even in a dressing ways.
The distinctive nature of honor killings is the collective nature of the crime many members of an extended family plan the act together, sometimes through a formal "family council". Another significant feature is the connection of honor killings to the control of individual's behavior, in particular in regard to sexuality/marriage, by the family as a collective. Another key aspect is the importance of the reputation of the family in the community, and the stigma associated with losing social status, particularly in tight knit communities. Methods of killing include stoning, stabbing, beating, burning, beheading, hanging, throat slashing, lethal acid attacks, shooting and strangulation. The murders are sometimes performed in public to warn the other individuals within the community of possible consequences of engaging in what is seen as illicit behavior.
Honour killings are a way people see to satisfy their egos and fake respect that they hold in the society. And this has to be stop. Everyone needs to understand FREEDOM OF CHOICE.