Technical Interview Questions and Answers :: Syntel Inc.
Tot. Mock Test: 4
Total Qs: 161+
1. C can run most of the code of C, but C can't run C code.
2. C supports procedural programming paradigm whereas C supports both procedural and object oriented programming paradigm.
3. C is a function driven and C is an object driven language.
4. C doesn't allow function definitions within structures whereas in C function definition can be within structures.
5. C doesn't support reference variables but C does support.
Singleton class is a design pattern where it allowes creating only one object per class
we should define constructor as private it object creation is restricted
we should use static method this method is returen object of same class only
Multiple inheritence is not supported in Java because of ambuiguity that it causes.
Object cloning, clone() is the method available in Java for object duplication. In java, assignment operator only copies the reference and not the object. clone() is used for this.
An exception is a problem that arisesduring excecution. Checked exceptions are the exceptions that gets checked at the compile time. Unchecked exceptions are not checked at compile time, in Java all exceptions are unchecked exceptions.
For numbers primitive data types are used normally, such as byte, int, long, double etc. But in programming, objects are sometimes required rather than primitive data types. For this, wrapper classes are available in Java.
1) Encapsulation: It is the mechanism that binds together code and data in manipulates, and keeps both safe from outside interference and misuse. In short it isolates a particular code and data from all other codes and data. A well-defined interface controls the access to that particular code and data.
2) Inheritance: It is the process by which one object acquires the properties of another object. This supports the hierarchical classification. Without the use of hierarchies, each object would need to define all its characteristics explicitly. However, by use of inheritance, an object need only define those qualities that make it unique within its class. It can inherit its general attributes from its parent. A new sub-class inherits all of the attributes of all of its ancestors.
3) Polymorphism: It is a feature that allows one interface to be used for general class of actions. The specific action is determined by the exact nature of the situation. In general polymorphism means "one interface, multiple methods"; this means that it is possible to design a generic interface to a group of related activities. This helps reduce complexity by allowing the same interface to be used to specify a general class of action. It is the compiler's job to select the specific action (that is, method) as it applies to each situation.
Container class is a class that hold group of same or mixed objects in memory. It can be heterogeneous and homogeneous. Heterogeneous container class can hold mixed objects in memory whereas when it is holding same objects, it is called as homogeneous container class.
A token is the smallest element of a C program that is meaningful to the compiler. The C parser recognizes these kinds of tokens: identifiers, keywords, literals, operators, punctuators, and other separators. A stream of these tokens makes up a translation unit.
Preprocessor directives are lines included in the code of programs preceded by a hash sign (
#). These lines are not program statements but directives for the preprocessor. The preprocessor examines the code before actual compilation of code begins and resolves all these directives before any code is actually generated by regular statements.