Does "NOTA" option in elections really make sense?
Points to remember before you participate in a Essay Writing:
- Divide your essay into 3 parts (each in a different paragraph).
- Introduction -> content -> conclusion.
- Give a space after the full stop (.) and comma (,).
- Capitalise the next word after the full stop.
- Frame small sentences as it will prevent you from making mistakes. Avoid extra spaces.
- Your essay should not be less than 300 and not more than 400 words
- The essay should be the original work and it should not be copied from anywhere.
24 May, 2020 12:43 PM
None Of The Above option was introduced to provide an option to those voters who do not like any of the participated candidates. NOTA option has benn introduced in many countries like Colombia, Russia, Bangladesh, Belarus and Spain. In many places when NOTA get maximum vote against candidates then the seats became empty or re-election held. But in election in India if NOTA wins the majority then there will be no effect and the candidates with maximum vote after NOTA wins the election even the more than half of the voters vote for NOTA the second most voted candidate will be the winner of election. Through this view there is no sense of NOTA in Indian election. There is only one benefit of NOTA in Indian election and it is that voting percentage get increases because those people also goes to vote who do not like any of the candidate.
NOTA in India should be made more powerful option to increase voting percentage and interests of voters towards elections. Firstly, voters should choose best candidates to vote and if there is no good candidates then they select NOTA.