Take a note while surfing.
Give your Note a Colorful Tag.
Stay on same information and in Sync wherever you are.
Organize your information,It may take Shape.
Differ your Content by Color.
Easy to pull up your content from anywhere anytime.
Don't Let information to miss,Because it take shape
Simple an Easy Way to take a note.
Get the same in next visit.
1. Match the following?
i) Software Interrupt mechanism (l)Deadlock
ii) Passing data from one process to another process (2)Signals
iii) A situation wherein two or more competing actions (3)Preemptive multitasking
are waiting for the other to finish, and thus
neither ever does
iv) Allows the computer system to more reliably guarantee each process a regular slice of operating time (4)Pipe
2. Which of the following programming technique/structures are not good for demand paged environment?
3. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
4. Which of the following are true with respect to deadlock conditions?
1) Mutual exclusion: a resource that cannot be used by more than one process or thread at a time
2) Hold and wait: processes already holding resources may request new resources
3) No preemption: No resource can be forcibly removed from a process holding it, resources can be released only by the explicit action of the process
4) Circular wait: two or more processes form a circular chain where each process waits for a resource that the next process in the chain holds
5. Which of the following algorithm is used for deadlock avoidance?
6. What does the following statement result in?
Two processes want to write a file to a print spool area at the same time and both start writing. As the print spool area is of fixed size, it fills up before either process finishes writing its file, so both wait for more space to become available.
7. Which statement about thread synchronization is wrong?
8. Which statement about OS booting is wrong?
9. A computer program or routine is described as reentrant if the routine can be re-entered while it is already running. Which of the following conditions is not correct to be reentrant?
10. Identify the correct order in which the following actions take place in ad interaction between web browser and web server.
1) The web browser request a webpage using HTTP.
2) The web browser establish a TCP connection with the web server.
3) The web web server send the requested webpage using HTTP.
4) The web browser resolves the domain name using DNS.