1. Five college students met at a party and exchanged gossips. Uma said, “Only one of us is lying”. David said, “Exactly two of us are lying”. Thara said, “Exactly 3 of us are lying”. Querishi said, “Exactly 4 of us are lying”. Chitra said “All of us are lying”. Which one was telling the truth?
Assume that he bought b, brown sharpeners and w, white sharpeners and the cost of brown sharpener is x and white sharpener is x + 1
So w(x+1) + bx = 100
w + b = 18
b = 18 - w
Substituting in equation 1, we get w(x+1) + (18 -w)x = 100 so w + 18 x = 100
Take option 1: If white sharpners are 13, x = (100 - 13) /18 = 4.833
Option 2, If white sharpeners are 10, x = (100 - 10)/18 = 5 So white sharpeners cost is 6.
Option 3 Satisfies this condition.
3. A call center agent has a list of 305 phone nos of people in alphabetic order of names (but she does not have any of the names). she needs to quickly contacts deepak sharma to convey a message to him.If each call takes 2 minutes to complete, and every call is answered, what is the minimum amount of time in which she can guarantee to deliver the message to Mr.Sharma.
5. In a group of 5, Anooj said"one of us are lying", Pooja said"Exactly two are lying", Bitto said "Exactly three are lying", Billa said"Exactly four are lying", Chitra said,"Exactly five of us are lying". Which one said the Truth?
billa is telling truth that exactly four are lying,as there is a group of 5 and the statement of no two people in group matches
6. There are 8 people, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, and N. 2 groups are to be formed. F will always go with J. G and M will never go together. H will always go with L. N will always go with G. What are the two groups to be formed?
8 people namely F,G,H,J,K,L,M,and N respectively.
Now we have to form 2 groups
1st condition: F will always go with J
Meaning: F and J always lie in same group. ............(i)
2nd condition:G and M will never go together.
Meaning: G and M always lie in different groups. .........(ii)
3rd condition:H will always go with L.
Meaning:H and L always lie in same group. .............(iii)
4th condition:N will always go with G.
Meaning:N and G always lie in same group. ..........(iv)
According to (i),(ii),(iii),and (iv)
2 groups can be formed in following 2 ways
Group 1: F, J, G, N
Group 2: M, K, H, L
Group 1: F, J, M, K
Group 2: G, N, H, L
7. A, B, C and D go for a picnic. When A stands on a weighing machine, B also climbs on, and the weight shown was 132 kg. When B stands, C also climbs on, and the machine shows 130 kg. Similarly the weight of C and D is found as 102 kg and that of B and D is 116 kg. What is D's weight
Lets assume no. of girls = x and boys = y
y = (x+1) ----------- (i)
As each boy have equal no. of sisters and brothers and he is not included in brothers.
so, 1 is for him in (x+1).
y = 2(x-1) ------ (ii)
as each girl have (x-1) sisters.
By solving eq. (i) and(ii)
girls = 3 and boys = 4
10. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
251 scraps will be used to make 22 soaps with remaining 9 scraps. again the 22 soaps will produce 22 scraps.
so 22+9=31 scraps which makes 2 soaps with remaining 9 scraps. Again the 2 soaps will produce 2 scraps.
=> we have 11 scraps which can be used to make 1 soap with 1 scrap as remaining.
Therefore totally,22+2+1=25 soaps.
ShortCut By :: Susmito Bhattacharyya
simply the resultant number of sscraps needed to make one soap is = 10 scraps